To register for classes, please follow the steps below.
1) Class Structure – Please read the following guideline document before your first training session.
2) Liability Waiver – Please print, fill out and scan/email back to me, or bring it to your first training session.
3) Pre-Class Questionnaire – Please fill out and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE your first training session, so it can be reviewed in advance. You may either print and fill out the PDF by hand, then scan and email, or you may electronically fill out the Word version of the form. If you do not have Word, you may copy and paste the text directly into your email.
PDF version: NW_CanineQuestionnaire.pdf
Word version: NW_CanineQuestionnaire.doc
4) What To Bring – Please read this list and bring at minimum a crate and treats to the first class. You may purchase a long line and harness later on.
5) Treats – Please read this document, which will give you ideas on what kind of food and treats work well for nose work…high value!
6) Class Dates/Locations – Please email me a list of class dates and locations that you’d like to attend.
Please note that unlike other types of dog sports and classes, a nose work class may accommodate dogs that are sensitive or mildly reactive to other dogs, strangers and new environments. In order to keep the activity fun and accessible to all dogs, please swing wide of other handlers’ dogs when walking past them, and do not do any dog-to-dog greetings before, during or after the class. A good guideline is to keep the dogs at least 10 feet away from each other. Thank you for your cooperation!